Dr. McGee has lived most of his life in Texas. After growing up in Round Rock, he spent his undergraduate years at the University of Texas in Austin studying in biomedical engineering. Dr. McGee then attended medical school at the University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston, where he was awarded membership in the Alpha Omega Alpha honor society. After earning his medical degree, Dr. McGee completed both his internship and residency in general surgery at the Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas, Texas.
After finishing his residency in general surgery, Dr. McGee pursued his fellowship in plastic surgery at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, Maryland. He then returned to Houston for his residency in plastic surgery at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston and the MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Upon completion of his residency in plastic surgery, Dr. McGee returned to Round Rock, Texas, in 1998 to join Dr. Ronald Kasper in the art of plastic surgery. Dr. McGee now runs his plastic surgery practice, Central Texas Plastic Surgery, P. A., in Round Rock, TX, outside Austin. He has certifications from the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Surgery and numerous hospital affiliations in the Round Rock and greater Austin areas.
- Biomedical Engineering, University of Texas 1983-1986
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center 1986-1990
- Internship in General Surgery, Baylor University Medical Center 1990-1991
- Residency in General Surgery, Baylor University Medical Center 1991-1995
- Fellowship in Plastic Surgery, Johns Hopkins 1995-1996
- Residency in Plastic Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center 1996-1998
- American Board of Plastic Surgery, 2000
- American Board of Surgery, 1996
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- Austin Smiles
- Round Rock Medical Center – Round Rock, TX
- Oakwood Surgery Center – Round Rock, TX
- North Austin Medical Center – Austin, TX
- Seton Northwest Hospital – Austin, TX
- Georgetown Healthcare System – Georgetown, TX
- Seton Hospital – Austin, TX
- St. David’s Hospital – Austin, TX
- Lakeway Regional Medical Center – Lakeway, TX
- Cedar Park Regional Medical Center – Cedar Park, TX